Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Dog in the Window

I still remember the day when my dad and I went to the pet store. I desperately wanted a Puggle because I thought they were just so darn cute : ) As we walked into the store we passed by a bunch of dogs and noticed a cute, fluffy dog in the window who was, "beating up" all the other dogs. We didn't really stop to look because I was practically dragging my dad to where the Puggle was. A man working at the store saw how much I liked the Puggle and offered to take him out of the glass cage so we could see him. We went to the play area and eagerly waited for the dog to feel comfortable with us. We stretched our hands out for the dog to smell and waited. We tapped and shuffled our hands on the floor and waited, but nothing happened. No matter what we did the dog did not react. He just sat in the corner. I was completely disappointed. Here was the dog that I had wanted for so long and he wasn't doing anything. When the employee came back to ask us if we had any questions, we politely said that we don't think this dog would be a good match for us. He noticed my disappointment and then offered to bring us another dog that he thought we might like, a Shih-Poo. He said the dog that he was going to bring us was a dog in the window. He explained that she has a lot of personality and loves to play. As he walked away, I turned to my dad and asked if he thought he was going to bring us that fluffy dog that was, "beating up" all the other dogs. Sure enough, the employee returned with the small, poof ball dog. As soon as she entered the room she was all over the place, running, jumping, playing, licking, and even biting. She had so much energy! When my dad picked her up, she instantly calmed down and placed her head on his shoulder. The fluffy Shih-Poo won us both over and we ended up bringing her home that day. Meet Daisy, that dog in the window:
  

Southern California Photographer

Welcome to my blog!
 
© Jacqueline Kay Photography
CoffeeShop Designs